How to import inventory
It is possible to import inventory from an Excel file.
Follow these steps to import the inventory:
- Start Dynamics NAV
- In the Search Box search for Import Inventory
- On the Report you can create a Template Excel file.
- Please update your Excel Inventory File according this Template Excel file
- For column explanation see the Excel Import Definition File >>
- Select the Excel Inventory File with your data.
- Press OK to import the inventory into the Item Journal
- Go to the Item Journal and check if there is any error, choose Columns:
- Incorrect Line
- Error message
- Import Line No.
- If everything is correct, press Post button.
Important: The customer is always responsible for his own data, be careful to import inventory in an existing database.
Excel Import Definition File version: CE.04.04.257
These postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confer no rights.
You assume all risk for your use.